10.13.2006

What Next? Update

Great response and I hope everyone carries through. I'm also contacting artists in other cities (and other countries) to participate and encourage everyone to do the same. I think this could be really big and a lot of fun.

In DC The Warehouse Gallery Peace Show opens Tuesday, November 7 and Molly Ruppert has kindly offered that What Next? can informally share the opening at Warehouse November 7 as well. If there is room we will exhibit photos of What Next? installations, and we will definitely have a notebook with photos and info about all the projects. Drop off a plastic sleeve with a photo of your installation on one side and directions and your blurb on the other as soon as the work is up. You can leave them at Warehouse, or with me at 20 Ninth Street NE, WDC 20002 by Monday, November 6. And, of course all installations will be on the PHP Art site when you post them.

I know a lot of you live/work in rentals. Whether you do or not, I suggest you persuade friends, galleries, merchants -- any property owners you know -- to let you install on the outside of their buildings. For instance, in conjunction with the Peace Show, my installation for
What Next? will
begin at my home in Cap Hill and extend across the front of the Warehouse buildings.

Also some of you have voiced concerns about scale -- PHP Art can be as big or as small as you want. I've included links to other PHP Art projects that I have done to illustrate a range of project size and component size.

more questions? email me -- phpart@3plystudios.com or click on profile and click on email.


No comments: